Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process of increasing a website’s visibility to search engines like Google.
The goal is a higher position in search results, resulting in more visitors to your site from search engines (organic traffic). These visitors are particularly valuable to businesses because they’ve already actively searched for what you offer. And, unlike Google Ads, you didn’t have to pay for their click. What’s not to love?
You may know that Google and friends take over 200 factors into account when deciding where to rank your website. If you’ve done your research, you’ll know that some of these factors include page title tags, headings in different sizes and – of course – your content. The problem facing business owners trying to manage their own SEO, is that everyone else knows about those things too.
With over a billion websites competing for attention and only 10 spots on the first page of the SERPs, chances are you’re not seeing the results you’d like from organic search.
And it’s not surprising. SEO has been voted (along with social media marketing) “the most difficult digital marketing tactic to execute” (Ascenda). The reason? Search engine optimisation requires a consistently applied strategy that’s broad in view but relentless in attention to detail. There is, simply, no quick fix. But there is a fix.
How Flistro can help
- A comprehensive site audit to identify any technical issues that may be affecting your ranking
- In-depth keyword research that goes beyond search volume and focuses on the intent behind the search terms
- Expert on-page-SEO that’s visible to bots but not to humans. We’ll also monitor your technical status for new issues that affect how search engines find your site
- Off-page SEO to increase your website’s authority and backlinks (links from other websites to yours)
- Insights into your competitors’ performance, and how you can catch them up
- Local SEO to make sure you’re reaching people in your area
- Monthly summaries so you can see your ranking progress
- A dedicated SEO partner with who’s been working in search since 2006
- All as part of an affordable monthly service that’s designed with small business budgets in mind
Sounds good! How quickly will I see results?
Glad you asked. Search engine optimisation is not an overnight process and, although the results are significant, you will not get them quickly. Anyone who tells you different is a charlatan.
According to Google themselves:
“In most cases, the SEO will need four months to a year to help your business first implement improvements and then see potential benefit”.Maile Oyhe, Google
As a small business owner myself, I understand the issues around committing to recurring outgoings. We can talk about a long term plan that fits in with your budget and that you are completely happy with, but I will suggest a 4 month program of work to ensure you get results and value from your SEO.
If you need immediate results, I may recommend a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign instead, or to run alongside the SEO work.